Wednesday, August 4, 2010

where the heck did the summer go it's still hot outside

It's late and I am wondering why I am still awake and dreading the five a.m. wake up call.  Even though waking up early is a nice thing to do for yourself.

I got a commission from a local eco-friendly pet supply called Green Dog for wholesale magnets and cards.  I never knew there were so many different breeds of dogs, and all from a single wolf. So weird. Here are a few drawings I'm doing to get my mind and fingers in dog and cat mode.
Pugs have got to be the weirdest things ever. They can't breathe or give birth without surgery via a human.

And I am pretty much a dog person now. Since Zeus has come into my life I have learned to be a pack leader, let go of (ie empowered) Ezra a bit by encouraging him to defend his own peanut butter sandwich, quit smoking/started taking three walks a day, and finally understood what it means to be a follower and the needs of a follower.

Here is the devil himself.
I am deeply devoted to my child and now my dog, yet I still wonder if I was ever meant to interact with other living creatures and if I will ever figure out how to be at peace outside of my work.  To live is to suffer, unless you're a dog.







This makes me salivate. Ready to go!

No comments: