Monday, January 11, 2010

Pickin up

Things have picked up a bit since my last post. Not quite the Negative Nancy I was. :)

Here is the start of a self-portrait. I sanded and painted over a triptych I did shortly after Ezra was born that have been hanging around. I really loved the pieces, but it was time for them to go. To be reborn.



And, I scrapped the boxes I did first for the Artful Box at Orchard Gallery. This is my newest creation and all the boxes will follow suit in this style. I got the idea to paint watercolor over collage from Oliver Jeffers, he's a childrens book illustrator. While this is not a new idea, I liked the way he worked it and it caught me. I randomly saw one of his books at Ezra's day care when I was picking him up the other day. www.oliverjeffers.com

No comments: