Friday, May 10, 2013

Nigh the end.

Hello, fellow interneters.

Ok, maybe life is a big circle and there is no beginning nor end.  However, the end of my academic/student career at USF is close.  Yesterday I presented my thesis to a hollering panel of three and demonstrated my prowess with a power point presentation.  It was all pretty anti-climatic.

My thesis show opens on June 15 at USF in the Ian and Mimi Rolland School of Creative Arts building.  Everyone is invited, even Ian and Mimi.  As soon as the show opens my diploma will be activated and I will become a magical master of arts.

Now for a picture:

This watercolor was originally going to be an oil painting.  But due to the raw state of my nervous system and sake of time, the oil painting was abandoned and I made this nifty watercolor instead.

As promised, my thesis will be on public viewing on the contact page of my website.  You can link to it here.  This paper is very revealing.  It speaks to my life and my art making and how I arrived at this moment in time.  There are many topics touched upon in this thesis, each them could have their own thesis written about them (and perhaps they will). However, the paper is a good survey of my life as an artist.

Q: "What are you going to do next?" A:  "10 years of indentured servitude to the public."  There is a nifty program the government has in place that forgives student loans after 10 years if you work in public service.  For example: a tax exempt non profit may qualify, such as Artlink.  (Deb is a little too excited about this.)  I hope to YHWH I am able to bust this popsicle stand before the end of my 10 years, but who knows.  I will be 40 years old and Ezra will be 15.  

No comments: